[Openfontlibrary] Thumbnails. Was: more updates on Open Font Library

George Williams gww at silcom.com
Mon Oct 23 07:49:55 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 01:42, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> One feature I think is needed: the ability to manually upload thumbnails
> for a font,  I don't see ccHost generating those thumbnails in an
> automatic way in the near future and some kind of preview I think would
> be useful.
What exactly do you have in mind for a font thumbnail?
  a single glyph at some (fairly large) point size
  a line of text at some point size
  a line of text at various point sizes
  something else?

I extend fontforge to generate these under a script (well, it already
does the first) so it could be used as part of an automated process.

By the way, how did I get on this list?