[Openfontlibrary] more updates on Open Font Library

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Mon Oct 23 12:54:38 PDT 2006

Raph Levien wrote:

> personally dislike CC licenses because they're not compatible with
> free software releases such as Linux distros.

The only distro that has declared itself incompatible with the CC
licenses is Debian. CC have worked very hard to make their draft 3.0
licenses compatible with Debian, so hopefully this will be resolved
soon. And other distros can aggregate with CC licenses quite happily.

But I agree that the CC licenses are not suitable for fonts.

- Rob.