[Openfontlibrary] Font File Type and Admins?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 23 15:22:52 PDT 2006

Ok, one of the big things about Open Clip Art Library that makes things
simple is that the project uses a public standard, SVG. What would the
equivalent be for font?

Do you all think we should similarly store in the best and most open
font file format?

Seems like OpenType might be this standard. Is this true?

I'm not really in favor of allowing any ole filetype and this is a way
we can innovate and push for support of a good standard.

What do you all think?

Right now I setup ccHost to allow for all major font types in mime-magic
as ccHost is doing pseudo file detection based on the magic bytes of a
file.

Also, who is registered and wants to be an admin and editor, to help
admin ccHost, and to direct traffic? Just pass along your username and I
will give you all the power :) I'm really liberal about this...maybe too
liberal ;)

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org