[Openfontlibrary] Font site wishlist

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 08:54:34 PST 2006

On 30 Oct 2006 07:07:46 -0800, George Williams <gww at silcom.com> wrote:

> > The features needed to support such collaboration (essentially some
> > form of version control, where the glyphs in a font may exist in
> > numerous versions)
> Is version control something that should be built in to a font editor,
> or is cvs adequate?

In the paper I presented at the Text Layout Summit hosted at Gnome
Live! in Boston earlier this month, I address this topic.  See page
16, "Enhancing Development Tools for Better Typography":

         http://unifont.org/textlayout/TheBigPicture.pdf

Thanks are due to Raph Levien for bringing up these issues for
discussion on this list (I think) back in April of this year.

- Ed Trager