[Openfontlibrary] Font File Type and Admins?

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 11:36:21 PST 2006

> Also, I'm curious whatever happened to the GTK-version of fontforge?
> Would you ever be interested in having a GTK or KDE front-end to ff?
>
> Jon

Jon:

George Williams has, to the best of my knowledge, stated that porting
FontForge to GTK+ and/or QT/KDE would not result in any immediate
benefit in terms of functionality and would, therefore, be a waste of
his time.

I happen to concur with this opinion.  I suppose that eventually
*somebody* will take up the reins and do a port to GTK+ and/or QT/KDE,
but I really don't think this is what is most needed at this time.
Getting the right functionality, regardless of the visual finesse of
the GUI, should, IMO, continue be the first priority.

Best - Ed