[Openfontlibrary] looking for corefonts replacements, how to replace?, and site search

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Thu Apr 12 09:44:19 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 10:20 -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > > 2) I am looking for replacements for Microsoft Corefonts which are
> > > TrueType fonts from Microsoft with WGL4 (Windows Glyph List 4) charset:

[...]

> This is why I am looking for alternatives so I can suggest them to package
> users.

Be warned that typeface designs are subject to copyright in most non-US
Western countries.  So you can't just "re-implement" typeface designs.

People will also have documents that use specific font names.

A good compromise might be to ship a core set of fonts that cover
your user's needs, and allow them to download the others, and also
to provide a way for them to buy fonts when there are not free ($) ones.

Liam