[Openfontlibrary] Greek Font Society OFL

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Wed Apr 18 03:05:24 PDT 2007

Dave Crossland wrote :
> On 17/04/07, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>>
>> The Greek Font Society has released nearly all their fonts under the OFL
>> now, according to their web pages.
>
> Great news! I knew they had OFLd a bunch of stuff, but not everything :-)

Brilliant!

Big kudos to the GFS designers for releasing such a rich family of open
fonts. I'll work on the packaging (some of that is already underway).

Considering the work already done by Magenta, it looks like the Greek
designers are blazing the trail for the wider open font community :-)

There is also the Kerkis Tex-specific font project:
http://www.greekfontsociety.org/pages/en_typefacestex.html

AFAICT "nearly all" means that only GFS Elpis does not currently grant
modification rights.

Bye,

--
Nicolas Spalinger