[Openfontlibrary] new logo posted up!!!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Apr 23 15:46:23 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 17:47 -0400, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 21/04/07, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> >
> > Also, what should we do as a project for our next step?
>
> Get the OFL plugged into ccHost's licensing system, which Nicolas is
> working towards and hopes to do by/at the LGM.

Yes, I'm more than happy to help with this. Nicholas, we are coming down
to the wire on this and I'm pretty busy all next week prior to heading
to montreal...release early, release often and let a brother help ya
out :)

> Relicense all the fonts in the system as OFL, and bring in all the
> existing OFL fonts across the web. Contact the developers of free
> software fonts that are not OFL and ask them to consider the OFL - a
> la http://www.unifont.org/go_for_ofl/
>
> Kit ccHost out with a 'type tester' that renders the fonts out into PNG.

Yes, this is a good solid task for someone to take on. We can hook
anything into our php/mysql based system. Has anyone looked into this
more?

> Theme ccHost and the wiki, now that the logo has appeared

Yes, this is another one that would be brilliant for someone to take on.
Andy Fitzsimon is doing this for Open Clip Art Library, and it would be
great if someone created a mock-up in inkscape (or other app) so we have
a guide for this task.

> > What about starting to package up all the fonts we have thus far
>
> I think its a bit premature for this, personally. It would be better
> to get the PR hit with a selection of the best free fonts that are
> available, which we don't yet have.

Sure, all sounds well to me as well...I'm eager to focus on the roadmap
and planning on this project with Dave, Alex and others...cheers!

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org