[Openfontlibrary] Friends of St Bride Library conference 2007

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Tue Apr 24 03:59:42 PDT 2007

Hi there,

Long-time lurker and not contributor speaking!

I'm involved with the Friends of St Bride Library, a central London
printing library with one of the biggest collections of type specimens.

Each year the Friends put on a conference to help support the
Library. It's a general graphics, design and typography conference
but I figured some of you guys might be interested if you are within
range. You should *all* also check out the Library's holdings in type
specimens and type design drawings one day...

Anyhow I am (urk) cross-posting the notice we just sent out to the
friends-announcements at stbride.org list announcing the programme of
this year's conference, on 31 May and 1 June. Hope you like it and
sorry, it is /slightly/ off topic. There's nothing exclusively font-
related at the conference; I have got Suw Charman of Open Rights
Group to talk about blogging though, so there's a tenuous link to
open/free/libre initiatives ;-) ...

There will be a fair few type nuts* about, naming no names, so you
should be able to discuss and promote the things that /are/
legitimate topics on this list with other delegates if you go along.

Cheers,
Ben

*type designers, people on type design courses...

. . . . .

Great British Design?
Sixth annual Friends of St Bride conference
Thursday 31 May and Friday 1 June 2007

The full programme for this year's conference is now online, at
http://stbride.org/events_education/events/greatbritishdesign/
programme.html

* Be inspired by a great mix of speakers representing a spectrum of
graphic design disciplines.
* Be challenged by new ideas debated and discussed with fellow
delegates and friends-to-be over many a drink.
* Come help launch a book with author and renowned type designer
Gerard Unger.
* Try your hand at a new skill in one of our exciting conference
workshops.
* Win some great prizes at our big Friday night quiz and conference
wind-down party.

With so much to do this event offers fantastic value, with an early-
bird rate of £100 for two days (£50 for concessions). Members of the
Friends of St Bride can claim a further £10 discount.
Prices to go up to £150 (£75 for concessions) after May 10, so don't
delay.

You can pay for your ticket online using PayPal:
http://stbride.org/events_education/events/greatbritishdesign#book_now

To find out more, or to book by phone or email, please contact St
Bride Foundation:
info at stbridefoundation.org
020 7353 3331