[Openfontlibrary] FOSS and the Commercial Print World

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Jan 26 20:32:37 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 10:00 +0000, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 26/01/07, Gustavo Ferreira <grilo at centroin.com.br> wrote:
> > http://www.constant.irisnet.be/~constant/ospublish/
> >
> > "Craig Bradney and Peter Linnell discuss the future of Free and
> > Open Source Software for commercial printing: ... the biggest weakness
> > from an FOSS point of view is there are few good high quality fonts.
>
> Absolutely, and the reason why I, for one, am here in the first place :-)

I will raise it up a notch. Gustavo and Dave, what solid concrete steps
would you both like to take on getting us there?

I will try to empower you both as much as possible.

What we need the most of is coding on our system, ccHost. Also, not to
be demoted in value is good fonts...what do you guys want to contribute
on?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org