[Openfontlibrary] Newbie alert - How to even get started creating a font?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Mar 21 23:37:42 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 23:02 +0000, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 21/03/07, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> >
> > 1.) Designing a Font for Open Font Library
>
> Do you mean a tutorial like http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/editexample.html?
>
> I think proving a free textbook on typeface design is a separate
> project than OFLB, but should certainly be closely associated with
> OFLB when it appears.
>
> Perhaps http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/index.php/Font_Design is a
> place to start?

Agree. I mean something that is specific to this community to get ppl.
up and running on font design and the way we are doing things.

> > 2.) Preparing for Open Font Library
>
> Do you mean like
> http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/index.php/Submission_Guidelines ?

Yes!

> > 3.) On-going Participation with Open Font Library
>
> Okay, I've started a page for this,
>
> http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/index.php/HowToParticipate
>
> and added it to the 'Information' section of the Main Page, near the top.

Excellent, this is a great start. If anything, it would be great to
narrativize these steps and we can get it published as well various
places/and or can be useful for presentations. Most importantly, it can
serve as a brilliant guide for new ppl.

Great

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894