[Openfontlibrary] Surveys on improving fonts on the Web

Pedro Amado pedamado at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:46:33 PST 2007

Adobe's Thomas Phinney has posted this to the ATypI Mailing list.
Relisting the mail here.

Cheers,
Pedro

--

Right now the W3C is wrestling with some issues around how to improve
handling of fonts for the Web. Nobody has explicitly asked Web designers

As many ATypI members are in one or the other of those categories (or
both), I thought you might be interested.

I have made a blog post and launched a survey for each group. I'd
appreciate your help in getting the word to relevant lists and forums,
particularly on the Web design side.

The survey for Web designers/producers is here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=wyFVRRqnxAmTypkzThJOkA_3d_3d

The survey for font vendors/foundries is here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=I9LYBFmggGJ8SCTU0u3CtQ_3d_3d

My blog post is here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2007/11/web_fonts_1.html

Thomas Phinney