[Openfontlibrary] StixFonts license update

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 8 12:21:29 PDT 2007

What are your thoughts on this? Are you hopeful to interface these with
OFLB, or you have other thoughts? I'm not sure on relicensing these
fonts under OFL license...I don't see a clause on this in the
contract...

Jon

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 18:15 +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> Hi All,
> StixFonts have just updated their user license, to the following
> http://www.stixfonts.org/user_license.html
>
> The following basic changes took place.
>
> From:
> 4. You may also
>    (a) add glyphs or characters to the Fonts, so long as the base set of
>    glyphs is not modified or removed and (b) delete glyphs or characters
>    from the Fonts, provided that the resulting font set is distributed
>    with the following disclaimer: "This [name] font does not include all
>    the Unicode points covered in the STIX Fonts™ set but may include
>    others."� In each case, the name used to denote the resulting
>    font set shall not include the term "STIX" or any similar term, and
>    any distribution of the resulting font set must be free of charge.
>
> To:
> 4. You may also
>    (a) add glyphs or characters to the Fonts, or modify the shape of
>    existing glyphs, so long as the base set of glyphs is not removed and
>    (b) delete glyphs or characters from the Fonts, provided that the
>    resulting font set is distributed with the following disclaimer:
>    "This [name] font does not include all the Unicode points covered
>    in the STIX Fonts™ set but may include others." In each case, the
>    name used to denote the resulting font set shall not include the term
>    "STIX" or any similar term.
>
> Another change was the introduction paragraph of the final license; now
> there is a reference to the OFL (L=license).
>
> Simos

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.