[Openfontlibrary] Proposal for open font-related sessions/workshops at LGM08

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Sep 28 14:33:37 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 13:59 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 9/28/07, Nicolas Spalinger wrote:

> > - Future plans
>
> We wanted to make a fonts digitizing session this year, but this
> wasn't planned beforehand, so it didn't happen.
>
> I do have a bunch of scanned public domain fonts (printed in early
> 1930s and given to me by Valek) which cover the whole cyrillic and
> ukrainian glyph sets and numerals, but no latin.
>
> If we do organize such session next year, that would be a good start
> to actually using our SVN :)

Since font creation is harder then clipart creation, this idea of
converting old pd fonts is brilliant to jumpstart the free fonts
movement...we could just have a big requests queue on open font library
and encourage people to process them and create the best free and open
fonts...this sounds brilliant!

Jon

> Alexandre

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.