[Openfontlibrary] new release of the Ubuntu titling font

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Jan 5 17:47:58 PST 2008

Op zaterdag 05-01-2008 om 09:15 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Stephen
Hartke:
> Maybe a solution is to release the source code under the GPL and the
> font file under the OFL, though I'm not sure this can legally be done
> (as the GPL usually refers to the whole program).

If you own the copyright, you can do that.  That way, people who use and
modify your build scripts will have to release their binaries under the
GPL, but OTOH, people can use your binaries under the OFL.

I think it's nothing different from MySQL, Trolltech (Qt), Innotek
(Virtualbox), etc. selling binaries under a closed source license to
those who dislike open source for some reason.

--
Jan Claeys