[Openfontlibrary] X11 (?) & Monofonto

George Williams gww at silcom.com
Mon Jan 21 12:40:12 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 08:59, Denis Jacquerye wrote:
> > aham?
> > And what about 'my' problem: how monofonto appears?
> > Am I right on this list?

> No, this is certainly not the right list to fix that font.
> Contact the author, he can help. We can only try to talk about it.
If you are wondering why it looks nice under Suse 9.3 and not on Suse
10.3 then that is presumably a software issue rather than a font issue.

There are, of course, many software components. The first place to start
looking is probably freetype. If you have a copy of ftview on both
machines use that to look at the font.

If you do turn up a bug in FreeType the authors are usually interested
in fixing it.