[Openfontlibrary] Licensing options

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jul 4 12:35:56 PDT 2008

Le vendredi 04 juillet 2008 à 12:10 -0700, George Williams a écrit :
> On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 03:33, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > The note maybe but zipping font files with a detached .TXT file is good
> > practice and should be promoted.
> Not if you want the font files to be available for @font-face usage. I
> doubt there are any browsers which will download a zip file, unzip it
> and then wander around looking for fonts.

To be brutal, I have little love for @font-face, I think it's a bad
spec, and I won't cry if it goes nowhere. I won't stand in the way of
people who want to promote it, but only if they are careful not to push
it at the cost of other use cases. Those cases require proper versionned
zips or tarballs with detached license files.

--
Nicolas Mailhot