[Openfontlibrary] StixFonts license update

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Tue Jul 15 12:49:56 PDT 2008

>> That still doesn't make the fonts available :)

Yep, but looks like it's coming.
Given the size of the project, I think the delay is still fairly reasonable.

In the meantime, if you haven't seen it, there was a nice presentation
of the Stix project at TUG 2007:
http://www.river-valley.tv/conferences/tug2007/media/Barbara_Beeton/

(Along with a bunch of other brilliants presentations, thanks for all
the TUG work, Karl et al!)

> here:
>
> http://olegueret.googlepages.com/stixfonts-ttf

This is the 0.9 beta version. And it's promising.

AFAICT they're taking into account the feedback for the planned final
version. There's also work going on with making these fonts useful in
TeX environments (pre-XeTeX/PdfTeX I assume).

--
Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org