[Openfontlibrary] typography.js from http://typeface.neocracy.org/

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 09:36:12 PDT 2008

I agree with Chris 100%.

When I took a look at the http://typeface.neocracy.org/ project and code, I
was surprised at all the work they had put in to it.  One problem with this
approach is that it is so temporary -- as soon as @font-face becomes more
widely supported, their solution will be largely obsolete.  The other and
bigger problem, as Chris pointed out, is there is no support for complex
text layout.  So they have all of this nicely written code with complete
workarounds for both CANVAS and VML, and perhaps one year from now it will
remain largely unused.

- Ed