[Openfontlibrary] Non-Copyleft Openfontlibrary

Fontfreedom at aol.com Fontfreedom at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 23:17:00 PDT 2008

The single priority I have for openfontlibrary is:

Creating a new openfontlibrary without any copyleft fonts. (and  banning any
new ones from appearing)

Initially, Openfontlibrary was created as a place for fonts dedicated to  the
Public Domain. Things dedicated to the public domain are not copyleft.
Copycenter licenses such as the BSD license, the MIT license, etc would also not
be copyleft.

I'm mostly afraid openfontlibrary is moving in the direction of becoming  the
(however small) sourceforge of fonts. (Sourceforge is a popular open source
software website featuring mostly copyleft software.)

If anyone would suggest the best way to make this happen, I'm all  ears...

Remember, I own the openfontlibrary.com and .net domains, the non-copyleft
version of openfontlibrary could go there. I started talking privately with
(rejon) about this idea last year, but that never really went anywhere.

I understand the majority (but not all) of the people involved with this
project are pro-copyleft, but I really want to have a non-copyleft
openfontlibrary.

FF
5 Travel Deals!