[Openfontlibrary] Non-Copyleft Openfontlibrary

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Sun Nov 2 14:13:45 PST 2008

[...]
>> Mmm, sounds like if you want only fonts that can become proprietary
>> again, and not a fuller spectrum (you mention banning copyleft fonts
>> above) then IMHO a side project is probably best.

> I strongly hope we can all work together on this. Please don't start a
> side project on this. Simply we have the tools and capability to tag
> fonts with pd or oflb or any other font license. Ideally, we work
> together and have a grand ole time.
>
> Jon

I really didn't mean to sound harsh or divisive with my reply. Sorry if
it came out like that. Let's work together and discuss what can be done
to satisfy the various goals.

(OTOH, it may well be quite hard to reconcile differing views - possibly
mutually incompatible ones - under the very same project umbrella).

I'd like to know what Alexandre Prokoudine and Ben Laenen think about
these issues for example.

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
http://planet.open-fonts.org