[Openfontlibrary] ccHost compression

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:46:05 PST 2008

Hi, Brendan,

The PHP getId3() library is at http://getid3.sourceforge.net/.  It
might be worth looking into how to expand this library to recognize
the TTF and OTF file headers, perhaps?  The idea here seems quite
similar to what the *Nix "file" command does.  If someone were to look
at the *nix "file" command source code, I bet you could fairly easily
find a reference to the "magic" file header bytes that are used to
detect TTF/OTF files and then add this to the getId3() stuff, assuming
that getId3() is well-written.

- Ed