[Openfontlibrary] Non-Copyleft Openfontlibrary

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Nov 4 16:05:14 PST 2008

    However I don't want to see any version of that font being sold for
    profit

The OFL does allow selling fonts, both the original and a modified
version (otherwise it would not be a free license).  For instance, there
are OFL'd fonts in the TeX Live distribution, and we (the TeX Users
Group) make a DVD of it, and offer that DVD for sale.

The restriction is that the font must not be sold *by itself*, so a
webfonts4sale.com type of operation can't just drop an OFL'd font into
their production line and start raking in the profits.

Karl