[Openfontlibrary] ccHost 5 file archive types

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 09:11:56 PDT 2008

Hi there,

If I upload a zip file I get a nice listing of the contents. Should I
also get one if I upload a tarball (.tar.gz)? I don't get that behaviour
on my install and would like it.

Explanation for OFLB:

As Nicolas and others discussed earlier in the year, I think we should
encourage people to zip things up as an incentive to add in all the
extra paraphernalia we need, like the license and FONTLOGs. Plus the
all-important source files!

But we also need to be able to host in a @font-face friendly way. I'm
prepared to defend that position, despite some obvious complexities. And
if we have files coming in inside archives we wont' just need to look
inside them, we'll need to save them somewhere uncompressed.

Cheers,
Ben