[Openfontlibrary] [Cctools-cchost] ccHost 5: pseudo-verify files with no extension

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Fri Oct 17 12:23:46 PDT 2008

Hi,

Victor Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Ben Weiner <ben at readingtype.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> If I want to allow README files - and others, like OFL FONTLOGs - to be
>> uploaded, how do I signify this in the Pseudo-verify form? They have no
>> extension...
>>

> If it didn't "just work" then it's changes to core ccHost. Perhaps a
> "catch-all" verifier item when nothing else seems to be working..

All in good time :-)
> Although I have to say, it's going to be a relatively low priority
> because I know for a fact that getID3 is completely broken without
> extensions - unless you really things it's undo hardship to require
> your users to add a ".txt" extension...

Nah, not really, but the convention is that those files don't have
extensions... this kind of change seems like it's taking ccHost away
from serving 'media', however, which seems to be taking it away from
what it is intended for.

I notice that in Nicolas Spalinger's recommended file layout for a
packaged typeface FONTLOG files have a .txt extension:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~fonts/open-font-design-resources/foo-open-font-sources/files

Ben