[Openfontlibrary] Compression Questions

Brendan Ferguson drsassafras at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 20:38:44 PDT 2008

> And looking is all it will do for Zips. No unarchiving... so I can't
> for
> example ask it about each of the files in the archive in a useful way.
> It's just executing a system command or something in getID3 and then
> waving the results in the air in an affable but essentially unhelpful
> way :-)

Yes, I see how it works now.

What are useful features that our font project could get on the font
files, that it could not get on the same font file in a zip?

Is there any real reason for there to be a zip? Would it make sense to
decompress any compressed file and not store the say zip at all?

If not, what would be ideal?

Brendan