[Openfontlibrary] Font submissions

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Sep 21 07:15:03 PDT 2008

Hi John!

2008/9/21 John <canaydeeyen at cogeco.ca>:

> I need clarification on what fonts can be uploaded to the library.  My
> personal collection is rather large and I'm sure that I can contribute but
> need to know what, other than copyrighted (commercial) or restricted
> licencing fonts, are not allowed.

The site currently has options for "public domain" and "open font
license," and I recommend using the OFL for any fonts you have made
:-)

The fonts that are not allowed are those that are not commercially
modifiable or redistributable. The following definitions explain what
the free culture movement means by "free software" or "free culture":

http://freedomdefined.org/Definition

For fonts with a license other than PD or OFL, make sure to explain
the precise terms of the license in the font description :-)