[OpenFontLibrary] extraction issues

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Apr 7 11:33:12 PDT 2009

2009/4/7 Nicolas Spalinger <nicolas_spalinger at sil.org>:
> Dave Crossland wrote:
>> 2009/4/7 Nicolas Spalinger <nicolas_spalinger at sil.org>:
>>> Please let's not do that
>>
>> No one is advocating doing this, for proprietary or libre fonts. I
>> think we all agree it would be improper, in both cases.
>>
>> But advocating having the feature implemented is not advocating using
>> it improperly.
>
> True but it's a subtle difference, IMHO still tricky to wrap your head
> around for many...
>
>>> I'm firmly opposed to the OFLB carrying any derivative fonts from such
>>> dubious extraction origin! I really don't want this behaviour associated
>>> with our community.
>>
>> I totally agree.
>
> I certainly hoped you would and I'm glad to hear that :-)

And, to be totally clear, I mean for both cases: We must remove any
fonts that appear under any other license than their original one, as
best as we can tell, and if that original license is not a libre
license, it will stay off the site.

The dispute resolution protocol Liam kindly outlined is excellent;
although I hope we'll never have to use it, in a way, if/when we do it
will be good to put it into action :-)