[OpenFontLibrary] Sample images

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Mon Apr 13 13:23:08 PDT 2009

> If they didn't make an image already, then please do make some :-)
> **1**
>
> I hope you might also consider teaching your students a little type
> design! :-) **2**

1 -
will do!
or, let do

2 -
that would be sort of inappropriate since they already have famous
type designers teaching them just that :-)
showing them the possibility to apply these skills for the common
good, that is definitely an aim though…

Oh and

3
apologies for being staying so silent after stampeding in like a month
ago,
the whole foss font <> commercial font debate was a bit more intense
than i had foreseen,
it took me a while to get it all, including the shouting and name-
calling out of my system.

But luckily over here seems to be the hopeful side of the fence,
It might sound ludicrous but it makes me think of T.S. Eliot I’ve been
reading

‘Living to live in a world of time beyond me; let me
Resign my life for this life, my speech for that unspoken,
The awakened, lips parted, the hope, the new ships.’

I really have to restrain myself now, before I lapse into life
philosophies for foss…
I’ll make sure to find a suitable context for that :-)

best!

Eric