[OpenFontLibrary] Sample images

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Apr 14 12:42:40 PDT 2009

2009/4/14 Schrijver <eric at authoritism.net>:

> none of us has established a firm business model for making
> profit in the online world…

Type design was digitised in the mid 1980s. The proprietary business
model is simply: demand each copy of a font have a corresponding
contract, which denies people their rights to a greater or lesser
extent.

> Step 3 profit

Red Hat and all the other GPL software companies demonstrate that free
software businesses can be profitable, and anyone who looks at how
they do what they do can see Step 2.

> PS I do pay for this though http://safaribooksonline.com/Corporate/Index/ ,
> so they managed to actually come up with a business model for e-culture in
> so far as: their supply meets my demand, I pay for it.

Non-free technical manuals? :-(