[OpenFontLibrary] OFLB at LGM2009?

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Fri Apr 24 05:20:14 PDT 2009

Nicolas Spalinger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been putting off my LGM2009 flights/room bookings, and am now at
>> the point where I have to say I really doubt I will be able to go.
>>
>> Since I'd like to have the OFLBv2 progress presented there, I wonder
>> who is definitely going, and would like to to offer help to someone to
>> present OFLB at LGM2009.
>

> Hi Dave and everyone,
>
> I'll be in Montréal (got my ticket but still have to sort out
> accommodation).

Finally got around to booking a room at the Studios Hotel.

>> The single hour slot for a bunch of shorter font talks worked well in
>> the past, so perhaps that should be done again... :-)
>
> If necessary I'll be glad to help present material from other folks who
> can't be there.

I've asked Louis about a slot for such lightning talks.
We could present slides for other folks during that time.

> Also, we're still working out what we'll do with the OSP and Dejavu team
> members wrt a font design workshop.

So what about the workshop now?
Femke? Pierre? Ludivine? Dennis?
What are we going to do?

> There's also the tentative schedule for the TextLayout meeting:
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/TextLayout2009

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font team / OpenFontLibrary
http://planet.open-fonts.org