[OpenFontLibrary] the real-life effects that licence has?

Eric Herkert-Oakland eric at populationdesign.com
Sat Aug 1 12:29:47 PDT 2009

The reason it was suggested to develop logos was to distinguish...at
the heart of that is this question:

Or do we want to show the real-life effects that licence has?

Somewhere you need to explain.  Once you've explained you need
something distinguishable to indicate that there IS a difference.

As far as what it looks like, decision by committee doesn't work.
There have been ideas and design submitted.  Whoever is at the top of
the totem needs to simply make the decision.

Whether or not the individual who downloads the fonts researches,
reads and understands the differences is not in your control.  All you
can do is have a place to explain and then have an indicator next to
the font that's being downloaded.

Perhaps the roll-over or whatnot would be better to place either a
brief explanation or to encourage the hoverer to click and view the
explanations.

but in this case our design options are limited and the different
ideas on design are relatively insignificant.

Eric Herkert-Oakland
Art Direction & Graphic Design

POPULATIONDESIGN
Branding • Print • Web