[OpenFontLibrary] OneClickOrgs beta - our environment is now ready

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Thu Dec 3 08:32:49 PST 2009

Dave Crossland wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Okay, I have been in contact with the good people at
> http://www.oneclickor.gs/ about getting a light weight legal structure
> set up for OFLB, and they are ready to take us on :-)
>
> To do this I need 5 people willing to be 'core members' who will sit
> on the board of the group, and who will be at the LGM2010 in May next
> year to have a face to face meeting.
>
> I'm guessing this would be:
>
> Ben Weiner
> Ed Trager
> Nicolas Spalinger
> Jon Phillips
> Alexandre Prokoudine
>
> When we agree on this, I'll put in the names and email details of the
> founding members of the legal organisation, an agenda will be created
> that allows for a meeting to occur in the real world. Once that
> meeting has been held on the agreed date, I will then go back to the
> website and finish off the founding of the official organisation.

Hi Dave and other OFLB-ers,

This effort may well help the OFLB move forward. Getting the core team
together and providing clearer ways for others to contribute can only be
useful. I like the idea of an AGPL tool dedicated to help with this.
Let's see what it can bring to our community.

I confirm that I intend to continue working with the OFLB and will
attend/contribute to the next LGM in Brussels. The initial core team
looks good to me (considering past contributions).

But what form will this proposed structure take in practise?

We need to define and finalize a charter/constitution, set up clear
community policies along with establishing non-profit/for-profit
equilibrium and the necessary funding transparency... I will send more
thoughts on this soon.

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
http://planet.open-fonts.org