[OpenFontLibrary] OneClickOrgs beta - our environment is now ready

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Thu Dec 10 08:52:51 PST 2009

Hi,

On 9 Dec 2009, at 18:12, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le mercredi 09 décembre 2009 à 17:28 +0000, Ben Weiner a écrit :
>
>> Ah! OK.
>>
>> Perhaps: "The software expression of typeface designs"
>>
>> Thus limiting OFLB to:
>> - being a repository for files
>> - providing information about their creation and best use
>
> I sort of hoped OFLB would be more than yet another www file dump and
> would build the infrastructure needed to :
> - track file changes

"repository"?

> - track legal changes
> - sanity-check fonts, identify problems, notify font authors
> - give them the tools to work collaboratively on new designs
> - promote best technical and legal practices
>
> But I guess that was just misplaced expectations on my part. Surely,
> most of the work so far has been oriented towards font gallery needs,
> and little else, so I should not be surprised.

We can't currently identify technical flaws in fonts but OFLB v2 will prevent users uploading fonts that are not provided with the correct licence text. Does that help promote best practices to some extent?

Ben

Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html
+44 (0) 7780 608 659