[OpenFontLibrary] @font-face, is it really needed for font preview?

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 08:17:04 PST 2009

A FontForge script would be sufficient for showing individual glyphs
or even laying out text for simple scripts like Latin, Greek,
Cyrillic, etc.  But don't forget that it would be insufficient for
showing text in complex text layout (CTL) scripts like Arabic and
Devanagari ...  for those you need a shaper library like Pango or
Uniscribe.

-- Ed