[OpenFontLibrary] New OFLB: incompatible uploads are now blocked

Ben Weiner ben at readingtype.org.uk
Sat Jul 11 09:42:13 PDT 2009

Hi,

The OFLB dev site on openfontlibrary.fontly.org has been updated with
code that blocks files which have a license that is incompatible with OFLB.

The check is entirely based on what Fontaine reports. If it reports
"Unknown or Proprietary License", that's it - no upload. Otherwise all
is well.

Please take a mo to check that the filter works! I know you will want to
generate a font of your own with invalid license information - the
alternative is surely something you would never contemplate ;-)

Thanks,
Ben

ps. you may notice the listings page is a bit ragged - a lot of
random-looking characters. If you cannot find a font listed, try
pressing the 'next' link. I think there are some corrupt files that need
to be removed from the system and they are causing the mess.

pps. if anyone wants to look at the @font-face CSS that would also be
good. It is now a lot more accurate, again due to the incorporation of
output from Fontaine. Thanks to John Daggett for correcting the syntax.

--
Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html