[OpenFontLibrary] What licenses do we accept?

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Wed Jul 15 08:07:32 PDT 2009

Ed Trager wrote:
> Hi, Nicolas,
>
> (1) I'll work on chasing down the deprecated licenses you mention.
> This is straightforward to do.

Great.

I meant "deprecated" as in project-.org-specific and not neutral and
reusable like MIT/OFL/GPLv2+FE.

This may save you some time:
http://pkg-fonts.alioth.debian.org/review/debian-font-review.txt
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal_considerations_for_fonts#Approved_font_licenses

> (2) The CC Licenses are actually the ones that I find most confusing
> ... Could someone provide me the names and links to actual fonts
> licensed under CC licenses so I can see what the authors have included
> in the Copyright and License fields?

Apparently you need to register to look at any font on fontstruct.
But I suspect you can match on the creativecommons.org URL as a start.

--
Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary