[OpenFontLibrary] @font face: when

Chris Hills chaz at chaz6.com
Fri Jun 5 18:35:17 PDT 2009

On 06/06/09 01:28, Fontfreedom at aol.com wrote:
> 99% by the end of the year seems a tad optimistic, as @font face is only
> compatible with the Apple Safari web browser for now...

I have tested it in Arora (Qt 4.5) and Midori (WebKitGtk 1.1.8) and both
work, so Safari is not the only browser. I suspect it is also supported
in Konqueror (KHTML) - and a quick Google seems to confirm that it does.
These are released software, not betas.

> I've made sure I have the newest Firefox today -- still no @font-face
> support.

It should be supported in the 3.6a1pre nightlies, and it is working in
the current Opera 10 beta (however, it still does not support SVG fonts).

> Any idea when Firefox / MSIE / Google Chrome / Opera / etc will start
> supporting @font-face?
> *(BETA VERSIONS DON'T COUNT)*

Whenever the next major version of Firefox after 3.5 is released, and
whenever Opera 10 final is released. I can not tell you when that will be.

Regards,

Chris Hills