[OpenFontLibrary] [Open Font Library] Upload Flagged

Ed Trager ed.trager at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:07:32 PST 2009

Hi, Jon,

If you know the right people (preferably those who control purse
strings ;-) ) at Wikimedia, please keep plugging OFLB and see if we
can get some $ from Wikimedia foundation to get OFLB done properly.

For example, even for OFLB to handle @font-face properly is going to
require some fairly sophisticated Javascript detection on whether a
browser provides @font-face support or not.  It's going to take
person-hours to write that.

And even before we talk about the @font-face features in OFLB, we need
to get the basic font uploading and screening/ analysis (via fontaine)
done : that also will require person-hours.

Best - Ed