[OpenFontLibrary] licence

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Mar 22 10:08:10 PDT 2009

2009/3/22 Robert Martinez <mail at mray.de>:

> (let's call them..... "open source fonts" :P -yay!)

I am strongly against the term "open source" because I believe it is
self-defeating; it encourages proprietary software mixed with free
software.

IMHO, the open source community is rubbish at expanding free and open
source software into areas dominated by proprietary software. It is
the free software community who does this. I am a free software
advocate, not an open source advocate, and the whole point of my
involvement in free fonts is to make designers consider their (lack
of) freedom over the tools they use to design with.

> maybe you can say:
> "All the font files you can download from this site are licensed free as in
> freedom <http://openfontlibrary.org/wiki/Other_licenses>, ..."

I have reworked the pages, please change things directly as you'd like to :)