[OpenFontLibrary] libre/open fonts

Fontfreedom at aol.com Fontfreedom at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 21:56:01 PDT 2009

>I highly recommend "libre/open fonts" instead to describe fonts  which
>respect the 4 foundational software freedoms as defined by the FSF  in
>the specific context of fonts: run the program for any purpose,  study
>and adapt the program to your needs, distribute copies of the  program,
>improve and release improvements to the program.

Being unfamiliar with the word "libre", I've checked several  dictionaries
online, and printed ones, and i've come to the conclusion  libre isn't a word in
the English language. I did find "librae", which is  defined as the British
Pound. Perhaps we should stick to using words which  have previously been
defined in dictionaries when describing how free and open  our fonts are?

FF