[OpenFontLibrary] libre/open fonts

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Mar 24 08:07:54 PDT 2009

Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> It was introduced precisely because the English word "Free" is not good
> enough due to the confusion with "gratis"

Unfortunately, it misses the point that English has these ambiguities,
around both free and open.  Now people are looking for Libra Software
too, which is yet another confusion, although maybe less dangerous today.

I feel that the best way is still to explain the four freedoms - to
use, study, adapt and share - as soon as you get a chance.  The search
for a perfect unambiguous simple existing word will continue forever,
but you cannot stop everyone wasting their time on it.

Best wishes,
--
MJ Ray (slef)