[OpenFontLibrary] What's the big deal about @font-face anyway?

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Fri May 29 08:09:15 PDT 2009

+1

And one important effect I think expected by many,
is that the web becomes more attractive for professional graphic
designers,

Who at the moment far prefer working in print exactly because of the
control over typography, layout, measurements etc…
And are skilled in using these elements to create readable and
accessible text

Which is not to say they do that all the time, because tradition tends
to bore people :-)

But the idea is with things like web-fonts you could expect more print-
designers bringing their expertise to the web,

Though there would still be a lot to be desired, stuff as basal as the
possibility to do lay-out beyond the specific one-column lineair lay
out css was designed to style, for example…

Eric

Op 29 mei 2009, om 16:57 heeft Liam R E Quin het volgende geschreven: