[OpenFontLibrary] latest?

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Wed Oct 21 04:49:25 PDT 2009

Dave Crossland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am blocking progress, and I apologise totally, since I am letting the
> whole project down, but sadly I have had girlfriend drama and
> responsibilities to my family I have to take care of over the summer and
> haven't been at a computer much.

Hi Dave,

Hope all will get better soon :-)

For the OFLB launch, better to do things right and slowly than in a rush...

> Basically I need to do a documented install of cchost on the testvm,
> install the oflb theme and ed's tools, and migrate the fonts from v1.

And the licensing audit as part of the migration.

Let us know how we can help.

I think we also seriously need to think about WOFF support in the
library seeing the endorsement already expressed by many organizations:
http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/10/20/mozilla-supports-web-open-font-format/

> Regards, Dave

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
http://planet.open-fonts.org