[OpenFontLibrary] Some progress!

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 5 16:25:22 PDT 2010

Hi,

On 6 April 2010 00:54, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Okay, the integration of the GCFP and the OFLB-custom ccHost code
> needs more work to get running, because the HTML theme expects GCFP to
> have made some PNG preview images when a TTF is uploaded, and the
> images are not being made. I expect this is a permissions issue on the
> server.

I realised that PCFP is being called from the oflbTypeface.php and so
needs the full path to actually be called. Problem solved, hah - the
PNGs are now generated, but not properly:

http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/content/admin/2//PT%20Sans%20Caption_1.png

Again, this is a FontConfig issue, I think.

The GCFP interactive setter still is broken on

http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/files/admin/2

and

http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/files

I see with FireFox 3.6 at the bottom of the /files page an error
message appear, which is inserted into the DOM by some Javascript, and
that the GCFP DIV doesn't appear when the images are clicked.

    SyntaxError: Badly formed JSON string: ''

So I am guessing that this is Fontaine breakage, since that works with
JSON strings. Chromium doesn't how the error, and the DIV pops up, but
the text preview PNG is a broken URL.

Okay, gotta sleep :-)

Cheers