[OpenFontLibrary] Open Font Library v3: Drupal?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Jul 1 11:58:45 PDT 2010

Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 19:53 +0200, Ben Laenen wrote:
> > I wonder if it's possible to go a little bit further and write the OFLB
> > software from scratch, given that almost all of the functionality needs to be
> > written anyway.
[...]
> Drupal or Wordpress (they don't have to look like blogs) are widely used
> enough I think it's a good choice.

I'm sure Drupal is capable of being OFLB.  I maintain some drupal sites
and they have their drawbacks but it's better than a lot of other stuff.
I don't know the other package mentioned, so I won't comment on whether
that is in "other stuff" or not ;-)

[...]
> What's needed is something functional, internationalizable, accessible,
> and reasonably secure and spam-proofed.

A note of caution: a lot of drupal site owners use an eyetest as a bad
anti-spam tactic.  Of course, that's not accessible.  In the worst
cases, Google's user-insulting reCaptcha is used and tells some users
that they're not human!  Much better to use real anti-spam tools.  I'd
like to develop some more anti-spam drupal modules when I find funding.

MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software