[OpenFontLibrary] OpenFontLibrary Digest, Vol 54, Issue 1

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jun 9 17:10:03 PDT 2010

Hi Eric,

On 9 June 2010 23:52,  <Fontfreedom at aol.com> wrote:

>>Is there a planned change from the frame linking to proper forwarding?
>>I see no way how having active .org AND .com domains can be beneficial
>>to the project.
>
> The reason for openfontlibrary.com being what it (was) is to encourage font
> developers to stop using the SIL Open Font License for their fonts.

Today you are running FontBasis as a website for hosting non-copyleft
fonts and to encourage font developers to stop using the SIL Open Font
License for their fonts. I wish you best luck with that.

The Open Font Library uses the Open Font License. Everyone in the Open
Font Library community is happy with that, except you.

So, Eric, please sell the openfontlibrary.com and openfontlibrary.net
domain names to the Open Font Library project, so that FontBasis and
the Open Font Library are no longer confused. I ask that you sell them
to the TUG.org charity, and I will donate money to TUG.org for them to
pay them.

Cheers