[OpenFontLibrary] workflow hints

Barry Schwartz chemoelectric at chemoelectric.org
Tue Jun 15 13:12:19 PDT 2010

Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> skribis:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 05:12:30PM +0200, Ben Laenen wrote:
> > Khaled Hosny wrote:

> > > Not my experience, I do post-edit the file before committing, but it is
> > > usually few cosmetics, nothing big, the last time I used the dejavu
> > > scripts they broke my files, my be I did something wrong, but this was a
> > > while ago and I didn't check again since then.
> >
> > FF remembers which windows were opened, several settings, which glyph points
> > were selected etc. This can all be discarded.
>
> I know, I was actually commenting on the "2 MB patch" part, since I felt
> it is a bit exaggerating.

Not for me, because I often use huge bitmap images, which sfd
inconveniently stores in the one big file for no particular reason,
and it's non-trivial to get stuff out of a Mercurial repository that
you put there by mistake. I suppose just making an sfd breakable into
distinctive parts would help solve a lot of issues.

We've got to start making these fontforge changes ourselves, but I'm
not happy working on a program that is written in glorified PDP-11
assembly language. Doing that is how I ended up disabled. :)