[OpenFontLibrary] Downloadable fonts

Robert Martinez mail at mray.de
Thu Jun 17 12:15:15 PDT 2010

On 06/17/2010 01:39 PM, Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Thursday, June 17, 2010, 1:02:01 AM, Robert wrote:
>
> RM>  Hi,
>
> RM>  Is it just me or does google somehow fail to provide download links to
> RM>  their fonts?
> RM>  I like their initiativeand all, but wouldn't it be legally correct and
> RM>  socially welcome to upload the fonts to OFLB.org?
>
> RM>  They _really_ want people to use their API. It seems.
>
> 1) install mercurial
> 2) hg clone https://googlefontdirectory.googlecode.com/hg/ googlefontdirectory
> 3) ???
> 4) profit

Nice!  I can browse that folder with Firefox.

Maybe I'm a bit demanding, but I'm a fan of:

1) download font
2) profit

OFLB should be my buddy when it comes to avoid having to install
mercurial just to get "free" fonts. Cant they be just uploaded to the
current page?
Legally it should be ok - or is there any other reason keeping somebody
from doing that?