[OpenFontLibrary] PostScript open source fonts

Fontfreedom at aol.com Fontfreedom at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 09:10:52 PDT 2010

>So yes I was wondering about PostScript?are any open source fonts being
distributed as PostScript? I see >mainly TTF.

^^^^^^^^^^

The is a big set of open source fonts avalible for download in PostScript
(Adobe Type 1 Font format) called the Computer Modern Fonts (by Donald
Knuth). The Computer Modern Fonts are explicitly Dedicated to the Public Domain
by the copyright holder. Recently, some people have made changes to the
font  set including converting them to otf/ttf and relicensed those changes
under  various licenses including the SIL OFL and a modified X11 license. When
using the SIL OFL and/or x11mod licensed version of the fonts: Any glyph
for which no substansive changes have been made remains in the public
domain, while glyphs with substansive modifications would be subject to the  terms
of the SIL OFL and/or x11mod.

Eric Way